Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November Blog Series - It Begins!

A few weeks ago I hinted at what my November blog series will be and today I'm excited to share with you that I will be blogging daily in November on new ways you can reuse old fabric. There will be all sorts of practical, unique, fun, and creative ways that you can keep your old clothes from going into the trash and finding a new purpose in your life.

I'm absolutely jazzed about this project for a variety of reasons:
1.) It is going to challenge me to post daily (except Sundays)
2.) It will push the limits of my creativity
3.) It will require ME to actually reuse fabric rather than just think about it
4.) It tackles one of the 3 R's that gets little attention (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle)
5.) It hits on one of my passions from my life mission statement exercise
Join me on this adventure! Start by gathering all your scrap fabric in one location. This can be pieces as small as a paperclip or as big as a bed sheet. We'll use them all! If you don't feel like you have scrap fabric, go through your closet and begin pulling out clothes you no longer wear. If any of them are in good condition, drop them off at a thrift store. If some have holes or are very worn, set them aside for this month's projects!

Oooh! We're going to have so much fun! I can't wait to do this with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment