Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29 - Pumpkins

This project gets major points:

Creative: Yes
Simple: Yes
Kid-Friendly: Yes
Reuses Materials: Yes
Fast: Yes
Cute: YES!

My friend Dani introduced me to this project. She told me how to do it, and last night I gave it a try!

I traced a bowl on a piece of fabric, then cut out the circle.
Link


I stitched loosely across the top of the circle, making wide stitches.



When I finished the stitching, I stuffed some plastic bags inside the circle...



...then pulled my string tight.



After I secured the top, I found a small twig outside to make the stem of the "pumpkin."



I think this project is absolutely adorable. My friend Dani had the cutest fabric for her pumpkins, and she grouped a bunch of them, all different sizes, for a table centerpiece. Thanks for the project idea, Dani! It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment